According to Weather.Com, the forecast is for mostly sunny skies on Friday, February 24th when two of our local fiber artists are opening their studios for you to visit — Alice Kolb and Susie Monday.
Even if you are not attending the Texas Federation of Fiber Artists Conference in Kerrville, you are welcome to stop and visit.
In Kerrville, Evelyn Hickey of 1550 Gallery is opening the new gallery specifically for TFFA members and you might also enjoy James Avery Headquarters. Make a full day of studio visits.
Click here to download the Studio Tour Directions.
There is plenty of sites to see and places to eat along your way to Kerrville.
Click here to check out and download this document fun things to do at the conference.
Looking forward to seeing you on Friday at FIBERWERKES 2012!
We are pleased to announce the finalized list of vendors who will be showing their wares at the upcoming conference. It’s a very talented list of artists with unique viewpoints. You’ll want to be sure and visit the vendor area at the conference Saturday!
- Jules Rushing ~ Hand dyed cottons and Misty Fuse
- Margaret King Stanley ~ Handmade one-of-a kind necklaces with an ethnic flair
- Monika Murphy ~ Handcrafted and hand-painted clothing & jewelry; original designs and patterns
- Sherry Tolar Berryhill ~ Ceramic jewelry, terra cotta sculptures -”Wild Women”:
- Renita G. Kuhn ~ Art to wear garments, vests, kimonos; art pillows, purses
- Carola Pfau ~ Antique and vintage fabrics, predominately kimono, Indigo; antique fabrics
from Europe and Africa
- Lynn Alle ~ Studio Art Quilt Associates- traveling trunk show
- Cat Brysch ~ Hand-woven yardage, This-n-That small pieces, Peggy Cat pincushions, handmade fabric flowers, wide variety of fabrics- cottons, rayon, Tencel, silk and more
- Darnell Mayers ~ Boutique representing Houston Area Fiber Artists (HAFA) work; painted glass, hand-painted silks, unique jewelry, felted work, fused glass and mixed media
- Diana Harwood ~ Wire crochet/wrapped jewelry
- Sue Corbett ~ Hand-woven tops, skirts, jackets, ruanas, shawls and scarves
- Nancy Diamond ~ Hand-knit shawls, scarves from handspun fiber and vintage fabrics
- Ginny Eckley ~ Silk screens, dyes, paints, silks
- Cheryl Elms ~ Sheepskin hats, braided leather vests, dresses and art shirts