The Fiber Artists of San Antonio fashion show for 2012 will be this Saturday May 12, 2012.
The event will also feature fiber art vendors, a silent auction and a raffle. The vendors will be selling a wide variety of clothing styles and designs and is definitely not to be missed.
Fashion show tickets are currently sold out, however, the vendors area is open to the public. Also, all garments included in the fashion show will be available for purchase after the end of the event. Even if you missed out purchasing a ticket, there are opportunities to see the great work created by Fiber Artists of San Antonio members.
The fashion show will be held at the Oak Hills Country Club, 5403 Fredericksburg Road, San Antonio. The fashion show garments, and the vendor area will open again after the end of the fashion show at approximately 1:00 o’clock.
This is one great event to attend!
According to Weather.Com, the forecast is for mostly sunny skies on Friday, February 24th when two of our local fiber artists are opening their studios for you to visit — Alice Kolb and Susie Monday.
Even if you are not attending the Texas Federation of Fiber Artists Conference in Kerrville, you are welcome to stop and visit.
In Kerrville, Evelyn Hickey of 1550 Gallery is opening the new gallery specifically for TFFA members and you might also enjoy James Avery Headquarters. Make a full day of studio visits.
Click here to download the Studio Tour Directions.
There is plenty of sites to see and places to eat along your way to Kerrville.
Click here to check out and download this document fun things to do at the conference.
Looking forward to seeing you on Friday at FIBERWERKES 2012!
We are pleased to announce the finalized list of vendors who will be showing their wares at the upcoming conference. It’s a very talented list of artists with unique viewpoints. You’ll want to be sure and visit the vendor area at the conference Saturday!
- Jules Rushing ~ Hand dyed cottons and Misty Fuse
- Margaret King Stanley ~ Handmade one-of-a kind necklaces with an ethnic flair
- Monika Murphy ~ Handcrafted and hand-painted clothing & jewelry; original designs and patterns
- Sherry Tolar Berryhill ~ Ceramic jewelry, terra cotta sculptures -”Wild Women”:
- Renita G. Kuhn ~ Art to wear garments, vests, kimonos; art pillows, purses
- Carola Pfau ~ Antique and vintage fabrics, predominately kimono, Indigo; antique fabrics
from Europe and Africa
- Lynn Alle ~ Studio Art Quilt Associates- traveling trunk show
- Cat Brysch ~ Hand-woven yardage, This-n-That small pieces, Peggy Cat pincushions, handmade fabric flowers, wide variety of fabrics- cottons, rayon, Tencel, silk and more
- Darnell Mayers ~ Boutique representing Houston Area Fiber Artists (HAFA) work; painted glass, hand-painted silks, unique jewelry, felted work, fused glass and mixed media
- Diana Harwood ~ Wire crochet/wrapped jewelry
- Sue Corbett ~ Hand-woven tops, skirts, jackets, ruanas, shawls and scarves
- Nancy Diamond ~ Hand-knit shawls, scarves from handspun fiber and vintage fabrics
- Ginny Eckley ~ Silk screens, dyes, paints, silks
- Cheryl Elms ~ Sheepskin hats, braided leather vests, dresses and art shirts