It’s finally here! We have been waiting for a long time for this great event! “Fast Forward,” Austin Fiber Artist’s Winter 2013 exhibit, opens on February 6, 2013, at the gallery at Tokyo Electron. Please join us!
Juror, Mary Mikel Stump (Gallery Director/Curator with the School of Art & Design at Texas State University), has selected 25 pieces from the 71 pieces entered.
Artists selected by the juror are (alphabetical by last name):
Andrea BrokenshireLynne BrotmanMarie CarmelJean DahlgrenPam FarleySue FossDianne HegebarthJanis HookerMary MacaulaySherri McCauleyAnita MesterSusie MondayJanice PomeroyRuthie PowersDiane SandlinOscar SilvaVictoria SimmonsDoerte WeberCynthia WilcoxGeorgia Zwartjes
In addition to the pieces that have been juried into the show, Outrageous Red, our non-juried members’ wall, will include 27 clipboards embellished with a variety of gorgeous fiber art techniques.
Wednesday, February 6, 2013 6pm
Through Thursday, February 28, 2013
2400 Grove Blvd., Austin, TX
You may view the latest post at http://austinfiberartists.org/blog/fast-forward-afas-winter-show-at-tokyo-electron.html
The Fiber Artists of San Antonio (FASA) will have the opening reception for their Annual Exhibition on Tuesday, October 9th from 7:00 to 9:00.
The ” Call for Entry” on the FASA web site and is an interactive form that can be submitted directly from the FASA web site.
The deadline for digital submission is September 14, 2012. Artists may enter up to 3 works - $25.00 for FASA members and $35.00 for non-members. Artist Ginny Eckley from Houston is the Juror for the Exhibition.
There are cash prizes for the first three places: $200 for first, $150 for second, and $100 for third. This year the show will be held at the Bismarck Studios Contemporary Fine Art Gallery in north San Antonio.
More information may be found on the FASA web site: fiberartistsofsantonio.org
We are pleased to announce the finalized list of vendors who will be showing their wares at the upcoming conference. It’s a very talented list of artists with unique viewpoints. You’ll want to be sure and visit the vendor area at the conference Saturday!
- Jules Rushing ~ Hand dyed cottons and Misty Fuse
- Margaret King Stanley ~ Handmade one-of-a kind necklaces with an ethnic flair
- Monika Murphy ~ Handcrafted and hand-painted clothing & jewelry; original designs and patterns
- Sherry Tolar Berryhill ~ Ceramic jewelry, terra cotta sculptures -”Wild Women”:
- Renita G. Kuhn ~ Art to wear garments, vests, kimonos; art pillows, purses
- Carola Pfau ~ Antique and vintage fabrics, predominately kimono, Indigo; antique fabrics
from Europe and Africa
- Lynn Alle ~ Studio Art Quilt Associates- traveling trunk show
- Cat Brysch ~ Hand-woven yardage, This-n-That small pieces, Peggy Cat pincushions, handmade fabric flowers, wide variety of fabrics- cottons, rayon, Tencel, silk and more
- Darnell Mayers ~ Boutique representing Houston Area Fiber Artists (HAFA) work; painted glass, hand-painted silks, unique jewelry, felted work, fused glass and mixed media
- Diana Harwood ~ Wire crochet/wrapped jewelry
- Sue Corbett ~ Hand-woven tops, skirts, jackets, ruanas, shawls and scarves
- Nancy Diamond ~ Hand-knit shawls, scarves from handspun fiber and vintage fabrics
- Ginny Eckley ~ Silk screens, dyes, paints, silks
- Cheryl Elms ~ Sheepskin hats, braided leather vests, dresses and art shirts